PCB-Based REELEX Control System
Replacing nearly all of the circuitry in the legacy “G1” REELEX machines, the G3 Winding Module circuit board combines encoder monitoring, processing, calculations, I/O and interfacing onto a single integrated unit. These components interact with existing I/O boards to control machine functions.
Interfacing with the Winding Module is a high-definition Red Lion Graphite 12-inch HMI running proprietary REELEX software. This software brings REELEX equipment well into the 21st century, with real-time troubleshooting, multi-language support, recipe functions, networking functionality and more.
Legacy REELEX machines can be upgraded in the field with G3 controls, effectively bringing older equipment to modern standards.
G3 Upgrade for G1 Machines
Legacy G1 D-750 and D-510 machines can be field-upgraded with G3 controls via an upgrade kit.
This kit replaces the fundamental control system on G1 machines with G3 components and mounts to the existing control cabinet. This upgrade is performed by REELEX technicians and takes less than three days.
The G3 Upgrade Kit
The G3 Upgrade Kit Includes:
A Rear Panel Consisting of:
- Cables and connectors for integrating with existing I/O.
- WM/01-P Winding Module Circuit board and housing.
- PB24WM board for interfacing I/O with the Winding Module.
- Relays and power supply.
A Front Panel Consisting of:
- 12-inch High-Definition Touchscreen
- I/O Module for HMI
- Prewired Control Buttons and Labels
Digital Air Regulator Upgrade for Dancer
- Enables tension to be controlled via HMI
- Digital Air Regulator
- Associated Hardware
10-Pulse Encoder for Length Counter
- Increases Resolution of existing Length Counter
- Up to three days of labor is included in the price of the upgrade.
- Travel expenses are additional and will be billed when known.
- Training and general machine tune-up are provided.
G3 Upgrade Pricing
|D750G3/UPGRADE/K01||G3 Upgrade for G1 D-750 Machines||$14,900.00*|
|D510G3/UPGRADE/K01||G3 Upgrade for G1 D-510 Machines||$14,900.00*|
Terms and Conditions: EXW, Patterson, NY, USA. Prices subject to change without notice. Prices effective Jan 1, 2020. *Includes a maximum of 3 man-days of labor including installation and training. Travel expenses are extra and will be billed when known.